|
To receive daily emails from Breaking Christian News to your inbox CLICK HERE
ISIS Second-in-Command Abu-Bilal al-Minuki Killed by US and Nigerian Forces"Thank you, President Trump, for putting action to your words and removing those who have terrorized and killed Christians and other innocent people in Nigeria and elsewhere..." -Tony Perkins, president of Family Research Council
Trump announced the strike in a Truth Social post late on Friday in the United States, with Tinubu on Saturday describing it as a "significant example of effective collaboration in the fight against terrorism." "Tonight, at my direction, brave American forces and the Armed Forces of Nigeria flawlessly executed a meticulously planned and very complex mission to eliminate the most active terrorist in the world from the battlefield. Abu-Bilal al-Minuki... thought he could hide in Africa, but little did he know we had sources who kept us informed on what he was doing," Trump said on Truth Social. In a statement posted on X, Tinubu said early assessments confirmed the elimination of al-Minuki—also known as Abu-Mainok—along with several of his lieutenants, during a strike on his compound in the Lake Chad Basin. Tinubu said Nigerian forces worked closely with the US military in what he called a daring joint operation that dealt a heavy blow to the ranks of the Islamic State. Trump, who has previously accused Nigeria of failing to protect Christians from Islamist militants, thanked the Nigerian government for its partnership in the operation. Tony Perkins, president of Family Research Council and past chair of the US Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) who has pressed for action in Nigeria, said on X about the strike: "Thank you, President Trump, for putting action to your words and removing those who have terrorized and killed Christians and other innocent people in Nigeria and elsewhere. Please do not forget Leah Sharibu, who has been held captive by the Islamic State-West Africa Province for over 8 years. Please ask the Nigerian government to help bring her home." Sharibu was kidnapped by Boko Haram in 2018 at 14 years old from her all-girls school along with dozens of other classmates and remains in captivity. Counter-Insurgency Initiative The Nigerian Army, also on X, said the strike was carried out in Metele in Borno State, where troops carried out a precision air-land operation in close coordination with US Africa Command (AFRICOM). Borno has endured an insurgency waged by Boko Haram and its splinter group Islamic State West Africa Province for 17 years that has killed thousands and displaced 2 million people. The latest operation, carried out under Nigeria's ongoing counter-insurgency initiative, commenced at approximately 12:01 a.m. and concluded around 4 a.m. on Saturday and was executed with no casualties or loss of assets, the army added. Al-Minuki, a Nigerian national, was designated a "specially designated global terrorist" by the Biden administration in 2023, according to the US Federal Register. Nigeria denies discriminating against any religion, saying its security forces target armed groups that attack both Christians and Muslims. The US carried out strikes targeting Islamic State-linked militants in Nigeria in December. Since then, Washington has deployed drones and 200 troops to provide training and intelligence support to the Nigerian military against Islamic State and al Qaeda-linked insurgencies that are spreading across West Africa. The US forces were operating in a strictly non-combat role, Nigerian military officials said earlier this year. Subscribe for free to Breaking Christian News here (Reporting by Shubham Kalia in Bengaluru; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman and Tom Hogue, Kirsten Donovan)
To receive daily emails from Breaking Christian News to your inbox CLICK HERE
Other Recent Articles from Breaking Christian News Repentance and Revival: Dutch Sheets and Lou Engle at Rededication 250 in DC [Video] 'God Is Not Done with America': Thousands Gather on National Mall to Rededicate USA to God What Xi Said to Trump About Imprisoned Christians in China In Case You Missed It, We've Been Taking Down Some Really Bad Guys Lately ISIS Second-in-Command Abu-Bilal al-Minuki Killed by US and Nigerian Forces US Trade Rep: China Committed to Not 'Provide Material Support to Iran' Texas Children's Hospital to Create First-Ever 'Detransition Clinic' in Historic Settlement The Bible, America 250, and Restoring 'What Really Matters' 'We Are in a Spiritual War': Sean Feucht Issues Urgent Warning [Video] Cuba Falling: There's a Lot Going On Right Now. This Could Be the Breaking Point Senate Votes 99-0 to Cut Off its Pay during Shutdowns SCOTUS Allows Abortion Drug 'Status Quo' to Stand as Litigation Continues Trump Departs China after 'Great' 2-Day Talks With Xi CIA Whistleblower Presents Damning Picture of Biden Administration Cover-up of COVID Origins Message from Franklin Graham for America Search the Articles Archives |
All articles on this site and emails from BCN are copyrighted property of Breaking Christian News. Permission is given to link to, or share a BCN story if proper attribution is given to both the original writer and summarizer of the story. Breaking Christian News 2005-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Breaking Christian News is a division of Elijah List Publications, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer: Articles and links, as well as the source articles linked to; do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Breaking Christian News.
| Home | Store | Subscribe | Facebook | Article Archive |