"Pray that the Church will stand firm in the gap and continue the journey of redeeming and cleansing the land." -Sudesh Moorthy
[Sunday's] coordinated terrorist attack in Sri Lanka had bombs detonating in key churches and hotels, with still others found in other locations. Just over a year ago, I was privileged to minister in that island nation. Our host, Sudesh Moorthy, provided this short update with prayer points to help focus our intercession: (Image: Reuters/via Dhaka Tribune)
"There is a police curfew on and off. The law enforcement teams are investigating and they managed to diffuse several bombs planted in many other areas even today. We need your continued prayer support over these specifics:
1) Peace and comfort for the victims and the families affected by the attack.
2) Pray to remove the blanket of fear and chaos the enemy is trying to put over the people and the land.
3) Pray that the politicians and extremist groups will not use this as an opportunity to create havoc and racial disharmony.
4) It is confirmed now that all the attacks were carried out by suicide bombers from an extremist Islamic terror group linked to an international network. Please pray that the people will not walk into the trap of ethnic riots as in the 80ís and kill the innocent people of any racial or religious community.
5) Pray that the Church will stand firm in the gap and continue the journey of redeeming and cleansing the land.
6) Pray for encouragement for prophets, seers, intercessors and watchmen of the land to take hold of the promises and stand in the gap without losing hope or getting frustrated by the events.
7) It was quite evident that the Lord was at work in Sri Lanka and things were shifting lately towards the purposes of God. This is clearly retaliation and distraction by the enemy. Pray that the eyes of the sons of God will be opened to see clearly the strategy for marching forward, strategies to hold the recovered ground and advance further till we fully redeem the land.
8) Pray for divine wisdom for the investigators, law enforcement officers and every person in authority who has to make strategic decisions to bring justice and restore peace in the island. Pray for every enemy strategy to be uncovered and exposed." Subscribe for free to Breaking Christian News here