The new version would not indefinitely bar Syrian refugees.
[CBN News] President Donald Trump signed a new revised immigration order Monday, blocking people from certain countries with ties to terrorism from entering the United States. (Photo: Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, AG Jeff Sessions and Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly present President Trump's new executive order "Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States"/AP/via NBC New York)
[Read the full text of the order here]
The new travel ban replaces the previous version that sparked protests and court rulings.
The Trump administration has worked hard to create a new version that can withstand the expected legal battle.
In a Fox News interview, Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway says the new immigration order includes "six or seven" points explaining the temporary ban and halting the nation's refugee program.
Among the revisions, the new order will not apply to legal permanent residents and will leave Iraq off the list of countries whose residents would be temporarily banned.
Conway also said the new version would not indefinitely bar Syrian refugees.
The draft outlined to lawmakers last week includes citizens from Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen, Syria, and Libya.
Applications would be suspended for 90 days of visa processing, while the administration improves vetting procedures.